The Altar Guild is responsible for all preparations necessary for worship
along with the protection and care of the altar and sanctuary.
Meetings are held twice a year in April and November. At these meetings a monthly
schedule is developed to ensure there’s coverage to perform the following functions:
- Change paraments and altar linen as necessary
- Candelabra and luminary lamp maintenance
- Baptisms – Preparation\storing of Baptismal font,candle, and banner
- Communion services – preparation and restoration of altar and sanctuary setting
- Harvest Home – theme brainstorming, decoration of church and dismantlement of displays
- Holidays (Christmas, Easter, and Pentecost Sunday) – arrange altar flower display and
distribution of flowers to those who have purchased them.
You can join this vital church committee by contacting the church office.