The Altar Guild is responsible for all preparations necessary for worship
along with the protection and care of the altar and sanctuary. The Altar Guild
shall care for the chancel area, its furnishing, linens, paraments and communion
ware. It shall prepare the worship area for all services, including regular worship,
special services, weddings, funerals and baptisms. It shall order, arrange and
distribute regular and holiday altar flowers.
Meetings are held twice a year in April and November. At these meetings a monthly
schedule is developed to ensure there’s coverage to perform the following functions:
- Change paraments and altar linen as necessary
- Candelabra and luminary lamp maintenance
- Baptisms – Preparation\storing of Baptismal font,candle, and banner
- Communion services – preparation and restoration of altar and sanctuary setting
- Harvest Home – theme brainstorming, decoration of church and dismantlement of displays
- Holidays (Christmas, Easter, and Pentecost Sunday) – arrange altar flower display and
distribution of flowers to those who have purchased them.
You can join this vital church committee by contacting the church office.