It is the mission of the Church Library to support the foundations of Zion’s Evangelical Lutheran Church by providing media and services designed to
advance the study of God’s word, promote spiritual enrichment, enhance quality of worship, and stimulate Christian growth.
Volunteers staff and manage the Church Library. To volunteer or learn more about the Library Contact Ruth Ann Eyer.
Zion’s also has a Book Group which is currently meeting monthly. Check the calendar listing for current book information.
If you enjoy reading, come out and join our group.
Here are some volunteer opportunities for the church library:
• Typing ability needed for adding collection to computer and adding info on spine of books.
• Nice printing ability to add info on spine of books.
• Getting books ready to add to collection by putting return address labels on back of books, inside
the book, writing date added to collection and cost on inside of back cover of the book.
• Putting books in the correct order on the shelves – called straightening books.
• Help to “weed” the books – meaning get rid of books that are too old or not relevant.
• Help design bulletin board and change bulletin board.
• Make suggestions for “new” books to be purchased.
• Come up with new suggestions for the library.
• Help decide if a donation of a book should be added to the collection.
If you are interested in helping with any of the above tasks or would like to know more about the Library at Zion’s, contact Ruth Ann Eyer.