Zion’s Lutheran Church and its’ members partner with many community organizations to
reach in love to all people. Here are just some of the ways that you could serve:
- Serve a meal at Opportunity House in Reading with other Zion members on the third
Fridays of each month. www.opphouse.org
- The OppShop on North Fifth Street in Reading accepts your donations. Shop there and support them.
There is a donation bin in front of Steve Moyer Subaru Body Collision Center on Route 61 in Leesport.
- Family Promise: Serve a meal/volunteer to be a host/hostess on sleep over night when Zion’s hosts
the Family Promise of Berks County program, several weeks each year – check our calendar for dates
to volunteer. More information at www.familypromiseofberks.org
- Northern Berks Food Pantry: Volunteer at the Northern Berks Food Pantry, located at the Hamburg
Middle School, on the 4th Tuesdays of the month beginning at 5:30 p.m. New volunteers are always
needed and welcome. More information about the Greater Berks Food Bank at www.berksfoodbank.org
- Learn about immigration by checking our Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service at www.lirs.org.
- Hamburg Salvation Army’s Family Thrift Store and Boutique on S. 4th Street.
Donate clothes. Volunteer and help work in the store. Shop there and support them.
- Keystone Military Families: Recent veterans and all veterans may receive assistance at Keystone Military Families
in Shoemakersville. Like them on Facebook to find out more information about their resources available to veterans.
- Reading Berks Habitat for Humanity operates the Habitat RESTORE near Walmart on 5th Street Highway in
Temple and takes furniture donations. Volunteers also renovate and build houses in our area.
For more information: www.habitatberks.org